tisdag 15 november 2011

Emptiness

I am again reminded about valuing emptiness. The void. The space of nothingness that is required for something new to grow. Generally being a busy-body who whizzes around here and there doing this and that (interesting language around this, piling up words that mean really nothing to imply this type of person or activity, even in the language you see the assumption of uselessness around it...) makes it hard to achieve that type of space.

And I need it. Desperately. In order to create, to fill an empty sheet, to make something out of nothing, I need the silence. The emptiness. The space. Not filled with laundry, dishes, cleaning or sorting things. Just being. Allowing the mind to wander and to actually quiet down somewhat. Let the thoughts ramble on in low gear and just push the inner clutch and distance from them. Noticing their presence but not letting them take over or get any attention. Spending time being the one who observes that I am thinking but does not get involved.

I dont really meditate much, other than when I do healing work and distance healings. And of course, when I do yoga. And yes, when mucking horse-shit. Which for me is my favourite and most practiced meditation method. Its actually brilliant...  But I am learning more and more to hang out without being ruled by my thoughts and my fierce mind. And I need it. Without that, I have no access to the content of what I am writing. Or creating.

Trains are good for that. I love travelling on trains. I dont have to drive, I dont get motion sick, there is plenty of space, I can get up for a coffee if I want to and I can use my computer if I want to, even charge it! I am usually very creative on trains. They are somehow "in between" places and things to do. No reliable phone connection, no demands on my time, no nothing. Just me. And what is being created in me at the moment. With or without my conscious effort.

Right now I am trying to move through all the things I have to do, promised to do or think I need to do in order to get to the really important stuff. The nothingness. The emptiness. The space where my creativity and connection to the Whole is available to me. Hopefully tomorrow. Or at the weekend. Or next week, yes, next week is a good time! Then I will do it! And life moves on...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar